Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dreaded Math

When I was in school I really hated Math class.  I never felt confident and got terrible grades.  For so many years I just assumed it was my own problem and just accepted it.  I am so glad that I have had the privilege of taking a few math courses like this later in life.  I have really enjoyed these classes.  It really made me realize that I am in fact good at math and that if I don't know something, I can be taught!!!  I don't ever want a student of mine to just assume that their inability to accomplish something is their own fault, like I was made to feel.  I tried everything as a youngster when it came to Math and nothing helped.  I realize now that I (or my teachers) just never found that special teaching technique that made it all click.  I want to be sure that I have as many weapons possible in my arsenal to make it click for all of my students.  

The article I linked here takes a different look at why a lot of students struggle with math.  I really touches on the importance of understanding your students and understanding that students all learn differently.
Kid enable article

1 comment:

  1. Nice article that helpful everybody. This types of article I am looking for. Thanks for the nice informational post. Just found this site through another site and have really enjoyed this post from start to finish.
    happy wheels
    super mario bros
    pacman
    agario

    ReplyDelete